Thursday, February 18, 2010

Working Girl

I am now nearly trained as an interviewer! I have my work-issued laptop, intelligence test, and spit collectors. Um, yeah... I have to collect the participants' saliva. Obviously I am thrilled and not at all disgusted by this. I'm supposed to practice interviewing people I know to get comfortable with the questions. My family thinks I'm visiting in a few days to celebrate my sister's birthday, enjoy their company, blah blah blah... Little do they know that they will be my guinea pigs. (jk, Mom! I can multitask. I'll tell you all about my wonderful life as I ask you to spit. jk again! You don't have to spit! But I do need to learn about your sexual history. On second thought, let's just go shopping, okay?) [If anyone sees my mom, please pass along the message. I don't think she reads my blog. It's cool, I love her anyway.] My favorite part of the job? My supervisor specifically told me to dress conservatively and to never wear skirts or dresses. Subtext? Don't be pretty. If I don't feel like doing my hair or makeup? No problem! Nothing to wear? Just throw on a sweatshirt! The less attractive I am, the less likely I am to get unwanted attention from the crazies.

I did score another part-time job, this one in retail. For this one I have to dress up. And accessorize. No, seriously, during the interview they mentioned the importance of accessorizing. I really hope I don't get confused about where I'm supposed to be and when.

1 comment: