Saturday, December 12, 2009

Took a whole lotta tryin', Just to get up that hill

Okay, clearly I lied in yesterday's post. Of course I quoted the Jefferson's theme song. I'm human. I'm weak. Who are you to judge?

Days left until Pittsburgh: 0
Applications sent out today: 0 (In all fairness, I've been a little busy.)

I was nervous this morning when Keri called to tell me there was an ice storm in Pittsburgh and we wouldn't want to arrive until later in the day. Fortunately we only hit fog and rain, which were annoying but not terrible. And it wasn't even that cold! All in all, move in went way smoother than I was imagining.

We went to Ikea to purchase a dresser (thanks for the early Christmas present, Mom and Dad!)... which wound up being a dresser, a lamp, curtains, and some glasses. Close enough. And somewhere around 9:30 we finished the epic two-hour battle with furniture assembly. Ikea, your furniture is lovely, and I've gotten some very solid pieces from you... but it's a pain in the ass to assemble, FYI. So far my bed is made, my bedside table is set up, and one window is curtained. Join me tomorrow as I try to get the rest of my life in order! And maybe find a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment