Monday, October 19, 2009

Let the wild rumpus (and the daddy issues) start!

Now that Wine Fest is over, I'm feeling a little like my life has absolutely no meaning. I've been looking forward to it for months. What now? I think the Chocolate Zin I bought will help ease the pain some. And we saw "Where the Wild Things Are"! I want to decorate my life with posters from that movie. It was beautiful. Plus, like Max, I also enjoy chocolate cake and building forts.

This will be a long week. Six school visits today, none of which were completely fabulous. Oh, well. I returned to the hotel, took a bath, had some wine, and then napped for an hour before ordering room service. Good times.

My first visit of the day was in the hometown of a former roommate. The counselor mentioned that a few students from the school had gone on to our college, and I asked if one of them was "Beth." She said yes. She asked what "Beth" was doing now. Proceed to award me massive maturity points for not saying, "Um... she was crazy. And we stopped talking about a year into living together. And she's crazy." Instead I said something vague about her plans immediately following graduation, but said I'm not sure what she's been doing for the past few months. Don't say I can't be tactful.

My first appointment of the day is over an hour away from my hotel. I have no idea what I was thinking. Well, that's a lie; I wanted to stay three consecutive nights at current hotel rather than going back and forth. We'll see how this goes.

1 comment: