Thursday, October 15, 2009

And I'm done forever/It's you and me forever

How was today not Friday? Someone needs to reorganize the calendar.

As my friends Keri and Lindsay were rocking out to the Avett Brothers live, I was at a college fair. In New Jersey. In the rain and cold. Okay, technically the fair wasn't outside, but being aware of the rain and cold while standing around a cafeteria isn't much better. It was much busier than other fairs I've been to recently (I'm looking at you, Burlington County); I actually had some great conversations and may have lured some kids over to the dark side. There was also this adorable set of parents who are attending our upcoming open house and were very concerned about the chances of their daughter getting in. They launched into this story about the AP teacher and how none of the kids like him so the daughter isn't in AP classes and how will that look to colleges... Based on her GPA/grades, I seriously doubt she'll have any trouble, but obviously I can't say that, so I just tell them that her numbers are comparable to the freshman class this year and I can't wait to see them again at the open house.

Winefest this weekend! I don't know what I'm going to do when it's over; every time I've had a slow day for the past month, I would think to myself, "It's okay, Winefest is soon!" What will I have to motivate myself now?

No comments:

Post a Comment