Allison's Current Car:
- 1996 Mercury Villager (read: mini-van from my childhood)
- A/C has seen better days and constantly needs to be recharged with freon
- Driver side window will only go down when it feels like it ( makes drive-thrus fun)
- Is so dirty that someone wrote "We miss you Ajones!" on it today... which was rather touching except that it made me realize how dirty my car is
- Sound system consists of a tape player (remember those?)
Allison's Leased Car:
- 2008 Chevy Impala (read: has no idea who N*SYNC, Monica Lewinsky, or Johnathan Taylor Thomas are)
- Has a CD player! (I'm accepting suggestions for good road music!)
- Automatic windows
- Will unlock even when my key isn't touching it!
- Can be parallel parked
Speaking of hour-long commutes! (I hope you enjoyed that masterful segway.) Admissions is also putting me up in a hotel so I no longer have to spend 2.5 hours a day in the car! (That is, until I go on the road and spend roughly a billion hours a day in the car.) I was driving myself crazy commuting (if I admit that was an intentional pun, will I lose all respectability?), and this way I have a nice, quiet room with a giant bed. Tonight's agenda includes:
6:00-- Work out in free fitness room
6:45-- Bubble bath, complete with wine chilled in hotel mini-fridge
7:15-- Lounging in giant bed, perhaps paired with mindless tv-watching
The fabulous part? I'm earning at least two free hotel nights before my roadrunning even starts, which means when my three months of employment are over I will always have résumé-worthy experience, fabulous travel stories, and a really cheap vacation whenever (and whereever) I want.
Anyway, time to commence my rigorous evening schedule. Wish me luck...