Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mother's Day

About a month ago, my well-intentioned if slightly misinformed mother told me that I left my winter coat and boots at their house. When I moved to Pittsburgh. Land of snow and slush. I had actually left the winter coat and boots I wore in middle school. Nine years ago. Naturally I was insulted that my mother assumed I would be stupid enough to do that.

Today I returned home after a visit with the family. I had a box of extra food from my parents' pantry, two twelve-packs of Bud Light from my sister, and all of my scrapbooking odds and ends that I'm pretty excited to play around with again (even though I pretty much fail at scrapbooking prettily). The roommate and I had a tearful reunion, drank some Tassimo, and decided to go to the library since we had fifty billion things on hold. (Admittedly we were only interested in one thing.) It was then I realized that my coat was hanging in my parents' closet four and half hours away. My grown up winter coat. That I wear all the time. Currently.

In further "adorably misguided parenting" news, I texted my mom, "i'm home. and i left my coat there. fml x a million." She called me shortly after to ask what FML meant. Still no mention of the coat issue. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment