Monday, December 7, 2009

Just keep swimming!

Days left in office: 4
Days until Pittsburgh: 6
Applications sent out today: 5

Today I had one interview scheduled. She canceled. Is it me? So today I was left to my own devices. Always a bad idea. My roommate and I entertained each other by playing Hangman via email and I discovered something terrible about the woman I'm about to live with.The category was Gleeryics (lyrics from Glee songs). My puzzle was, "He's hoping you can make it there if you can, 'cause in the ceremony you'll be the best man." For those of you who have not lived under a rock for the past decade, and have souls, you know that these lyrics are from "Bust A Move," performed by Mr. Schue. Keri, however, took an unreasonably long time to solve the puzzle, finally confessing that she always skips that song when she listens to the Glee soundtrack. Even worse, she asked, "This isn't from the rap song is it?" Um, hello? It's "Bust A Move." Not just rap.

Other excitement of the day: when the mail arrived I used a blue letter opener whose shape is vaguely reminiscent of a whale, so I pretended that it was slicing through masses of krill instead of envelopes. Swim away! I also talked to a hilariously awkward kid on the phone who clarified a spelling by saying, "E as in Egret." Needless to say, he is my new favorite.

Tomorrow we don't have any appointments scheduled at all. I'm going to bring my laptop in and work on some job applications and gratuitous facebooking. So if you have a good Hangman puzzle, feel free to entertain me!

No comments:

Post a Comment