Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I keep forgetting to title these until long after I post them

Today was a pretty relaxed introduction to school visits. The first school I went to was one of the fabled institutions that gives admissions reps bottled water and granola bars (it's only my first day and already granola has become a staple food group). Only one kid came, and he's visiting the school Saturday for a lax recruiting weekend and just wanted some more details before he came. The second visit had one girl, and it took all my strength not to fill out the application for her and accept it on the spot. I talked to her for 45 minutes. She was fabulous, and will hopefully be visiting soon.

My day ended around 1:00, which will not always happen but I will enjoy it for now. I'm lounging at the current hotel. Tonight's agenda involves organizing my luggage so I have a few days' worth of clothes in each of my three bags. Why I didn't do this before, I have no idea. It will be fun. (That wasn't sarcastic.) It's cloudy and gross here, so I'd much rather spend the evening relaxing at the hotel than exploring the area. Besides, I'll be back in a few weeks.

I'm worried that the Chevy Impala and I are not connecting. It feels huge, but I don't have the height advantage of my car. Although it's nice being in a vehicle that can accelerate. Hopefully we'll be BFFs within a few weeks, because I worry that until the Impala loves me it will judge my road music and my singing, and that's just not cool.

1 comment:

  1. Granola as a food group? Don't let your mom read your blog or she'll worry that you're not eating vegetables.

    ReplyDelete