Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Keeping it casual

You know, when I was a kid my mom always told me to avoid interviewing for jobs on Fridays so you don't think the company is more casual than they actually are.

Someday, my children will be able to say this. Don't worry, I definitely dressed up for work on my first day. And my second day. And today. And I will every Monday through Thursday. Damn. My recent shopping would have taken a different turn had I known.

The good news? I will get my own cubicle! I've been mentally decorating for the past two days. I don't actually move into my cubicle until four weeks from now (ish), so I suppose I have plenty of time. The first two weeks I'm training, then the next two weeks (ish) I'm moving to what they call "the pod" to practice calling potential students under intense supervision. I'm sure that won't be intimidating at all. Really.

I wish I could talk about work more/with more enthusiasm, but I've been completely exhausted every night even though I've had fun during the day. Besides, Minute to Win It is on, and it's really irresponsible of me to miss the greatest hour of television known to man.

No comments:

Post a Comment