Sunday, December 20, 2009

My first week

Days in Pittsburgh: 7
Inches of snow: 6
Wine glasses broken: 2
Days until Keri stops letting me wash dishes: TBD, but I'm guessing 3
Glasses of wine consumed: ...well, that's enough tallying

Sorry to those of you who have been waiting with bated breath to discover the fate of my roasted chicken. It turned out beautifully. I picked it apart and so far we've used remnants in bolognese sauce and some sort of Indian sauce. Tonight's menu? Chicken pot pie. Although it looks like I'll be dining solo.

The essentials have been unpacked for most of the week, but my room and the office are still a disaster. How is this possible? I find that although I don't own a lot, most of what I own is junk I don't feel like sorting through. I muster up the energy and enthusiasm for two seconds, and then I'm back to washing dishes or looking up recipes or wishing I had done enough to justify a nap. Tomorrow I decided to get into the holiday spirit, bust out the family recipe book, and make some cookies. Perhaps while things are in the oven I can sort through boxes some more. Are you laughing? Yeah, me too.

1 comment:

  1. Correction: YOU OWN A LOT. The reason that there seems like a lot, is because there is a lot. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete